In Home Massage Policies and Procedures
It is our intention to provide our clients with not only a professional and therapeutic massage, but exceptional service and personalized attention at all times. The following policies and procedures are in place to enable us to provide the highest quality service to each of our clients.
Rescheduling and Cancellation Policy
We understand that unanticipated events occur. Car problems, traffic considerations, business meetings, and project deadlines affect our daily lives and can interfere with a massage appointment.
In our commitment to provide an outstanding massage experience to all of our clients and out of consideration for our own time, we have adopted the following policies:
YOUR MASSAGE APPOINTMENT:
Please be available for your appointment 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. Your massage therapist will arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your appointment start time in order to set up your massage space and allow time for a consultation and for you to complete any new client forms.
If late arrival is inevitable, your service may be shortened in order to keep on schedule. The original treatment time will be charged.
Please provide at least 24 hours notice if you need to reschedule or cancel a treatment. This gives us enough time to fill the appointment. If a client fails to cancel before 24 hours, the full service fee will be charged.
LATE ARRIVAL POLICY
Unfortunately we cannot always provide late arrivals with an extension of scheduled appointments. In special cases we may be able to accommodate a partial or full appointment. This will be at our discretion and only with proper, advanced notification of your late arrival. The full service fee will be charged.
NO SHOW POLICY
Upon finding that a client is absent from their appointment location, the therapist will attempt to contact the client, and will remain at the appointment location for 15 minutes. After this time the appointment will be considered a "no show" and the client will be charged the full fee for the service scheduled and will be asked to pre-pay for future services.
Referrals to friends and family are an integral part of our growth and values. Because of this, Bridgetown Massage offers each of our clients one 60 minute massage for every two qualified clients referred. To qualify as a referral, the referred clients:
- Must be a first time Bridgetown Massage client.
- Must live locally within the greater Portland metro area at least 6 months out of the year.
- Must schedule and receive one treatment of 60 minutes or greater.
Immediately after the two referred clients have been seen, you will receive notification of your massage credit.
- Massage packages are valid for in-home massage within our Portland Metro service area.
- Packages do not expire.
- Packages are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Massages purchased in a package may not be divided into multiple treatments (ex: a one hour massage split into two 30 minute massages.)
- In the event of unforseen circumstances (sudden move or illness) which prohibits the use of part or all of your package, give us a call at (503) 701-4676 to discuss options.
- Membership plans are offered in increments of 3 months, 6 months, or 12 months.
- Unredeemed pre-paid massages will roll over to the next month.
- Memberships are non-transferable.
- Massage sessions purchased under membership may not be divided into multiple treatments (ex: one hour massage split into two 30 minute massages)
- Membership plan rates may increase at any time, but your rate is locked in for the life of your membership.
- At client request, plans may be deferred twice during the lifetime of the membership. Deferment may be up to 3 months.
- Additional discounts and promotions may not be combined with your reduced member rate.
- Membership plans are provided at a significantly reduced rate and are therefore are non-transferable and may not be shared.
- Client no-shows or late cancellations (less than 24 hours prior to appointment) will be forgiven once. After the first incident all no-shows or late cancellations will be billed at the member rate.
Gift Certificate Policies
- Gift certificates are transferable.
- Gift certificates are non-refundable.
- If purchased at full price, your gift certificate does not expire.
- If purchased at a discount, your gift certificate is valid until the expriation date noted on the certificate, after which your certificate is valued at the original price paid. (Ex: A $100 gift certificate purchased for $75 will be valued at $75 after expiration.)
- If your gift certificate was given by Bridgetown Massage as a promotional gift, it is valid until the expiration date noted on the certificate.
Safety and Confidentiality
Prior to each session, the treatment plan will be discussed with you. At your first appointment you will receive a copy of the massage therapy policies and will be asked to sign the consent stating that you have read, understand, and agree to comply with our policies and procedures. Clients who we have not seen for at least a year will also be asked to fill out this form.
SCOPE OF PRACTICE
- Bridgetown Massage therapists are licensed professionals and held to the highest standards of the Oregon Board of Massage Therapists.
- Massage Therapy is a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply adjunctive therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the client.
- Massage Therapists do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions nor are they allowed to provide treatment for a specific condition without a doctor's supervision. The massage therapist is required to refer you for diagnosis and to follow recommendations of your physician.
- Massage Therapists in the state of Oregon are not approved to perform manual adjustments (chiropractic adjustments) of joint structures.
RESPECT AND BOUNDARIES
- Bridgetown Massage Therapists will gladly adjust pressure, temperature, music selection or volume, work longer on an area or move on at client request. Please let us know your preferences so we can provide you with the best experience possible.
- The client may choose to: leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, refuse any massage methods, or stop the massage at any time.
- The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be undraped. Requests for no draping will NOT be accomodated in accordance with our own ethical guidelines and Oregon law.
- Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated. The treatment will be stopped, and the request will be viewed as solicitation and reported to the proper authorities under the guidelines of the massage therapy policies and procedures. The client will not be rescheduled and the full service price will be charged.
- The breast and genital area will not be massaged under any circumstances. Permission will be asked before working close to these areas; otherwise, a professional distance will be maintained.
- Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is never appropriate. On rare occasions an involuntary sensual response to massage is natural and will subside on its own in a few moments.
- We do not massage anyone under the age of 18 without signed parental consent and direct supervision.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONVERSATION
- The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
- Any health information disclosed, observed or treated will be kept confidential under HIPAA law.
EXISTING AND NEW MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that the massage may be continued.
- The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.
If you have any questions on the above information, please direct them to: